iBook G5 in next 3-4 months?

I

iPodMiniLover

Is there a new iBook expected in the next 3-4 months? If so, will it be more expensive and will it have any features that are worth waiting for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
All I know is tht its not gonna be a iBook G5... That's for sure,,,,,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I would bet all my money on NO iBook G5 in 2005

Most likely they will do a speed bump on the iBook with the prices staying at where they are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Im not the betting sort, but so far, apples developers even say no G5 laptop in 2005 period, at least those I talk to, and reps, and techs, and sales people from apple. its too hard to try to fit enough cooling into a laptop that can cool a g5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I am not usually a better but I iBook G5 in 05' I can confidently bet on not showing up...I doubt even a powerbook

OP
A

aaron_meredith

It's pretty safe, if your going to need one in the next month, BUY! as they were only speed increased in Oct, last year. (this is when i bought my First iBook and First Mac Computer). We will probley see another speed bump, 12 inch to prob 1.33Ghz and 14" to 1.5Ghz, and probley see a graphics card increase to somthing with 64 Mb DDR so that it can handle Core Image included with Tiger

OP
I

iPodMiniLover

Okay thanks guys, now I'm set on getting my 14 in. iBook! Thanks!

OP
S

stephen.sharpe

Hmm, I'm not buying until February... will it still be worth it then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
stephen.sharpe said:
Hmm, I'm not buying until February... will it still be worth it then?
yes, you can wait til the g5 pbook or ibook comes out maybe sometime in 2006, or buy your g4 laptop now and be just as happy with it. but if your buying a desktop, waiting may be better as there may be some upgrades to some or one of the desktops.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.