Skype automatic number dial

Reaction score
I just dl'd the new skype, on a pc you can put your cursor over a phone number online and it would give you an option to dial it with skype.

On the same webpage on my mac in safari and firefox it would not give me the same option. Whats up?

Reaction score
Find the answer

Hi Joel,

Any luck finding out how to address this? I am having the same problem and it's a big one for me. Seems like someone out there should have a solution, maybe even a right click dial or something.

Thanks, let me know and I'll do the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Don't think it's supported as a default option, but you might be able to find a Firefox plugin to do something similar.

Reaction score
I have looked all over for a plug-in. Can't find anything. For me, and I hate to say this, but is a big problem with my transition to Mac. I use Skype all day and after having the click-to-dial feature, its really hard to deal with not.

Anyone find anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It sounds as though Skype is working on a Mac version...
As an alternative you could run Windows, Firefox & Skype using Parallels / Fusion.

Reaction score
Yes, you're right. Skype does come available on Mac and works great. The thing is that on Windows, there is an extension for Firefox that highlights telephone numbers on web pages for a quick click-to-call.
On the skype forums, Mac users are complaining like crazy. I figured that Skype would go ahead and make an extension that works on Macs and if not, someone out there would make one, maybe a highlight the number, ctrl-click or something.

Just a thought

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I meant maybe Skype is working on a Mac version of the firefox plugin...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.