Better to buy online or wait for in store purchase?

Reaction score
Ok, I admit it, I am excited. I only realized in the past few days that the Ipod was getting an upgrade and it came right at a perfect time for me. I am going on a trip and wanted to load up with some podcasts, while still keeping all my fav songs. The 16G nano is EXACTLY what I am looking for. So like a kid at Christmas, I am excited and want to get it in my hands as quick as possible haha.

I have never ordered something like this online before. For those that have more experience than I in these areas, do you think I am better to just wait till my local store has it........or order online?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
I am impatient... When the money leaves my account, I like having something in my hands.

I am having my friend call me the minute they come in and he is going to hold one for me till I can drive to pick it up.

If you live far away from an apple store... online may save you quite a bit just in time/gas. Apple has great customer support online so there should be no problems at all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you buy it online, you can "take advantage" of the 10% student discount and get it cheaper than in the store...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
If you buy it online, you can "take advantage" of the 10% student discount and get it cheaper than in the store...

Right... The student discount does not work on in-store ipod purchases... then again, if you have a friend who works there... they can use their friend/employee discount.

--- dont forget about online engraving though... makes your ipod harder to steal & sell for that matter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Right... The student discount does not work on in-store ipod purchases... then again, if you have a friend who works there... they can use their friend/employee discount.

--- dont forget about online engraving though... makes your ipod harder to steal & sell for that matter

Um, I know people who have used their 10% student discount in the Apple Store just fine. All they had to show was their student ID.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Um, I know people who have used their 10% student discount in the Apple Store just fine. All they had to show was their student ID.

Are you 100% sure that all they bought was an Ipod? If so... then the apple store in the biggest mall in Houston needs new management.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Not only did my daughter use her student discount at the Apple Store, but I was able to use my work discount there too (no, I don't work for Apple). She used hers to buy a new iPod (and a case) and I used mine when I bought my Classic. Mine was about a year ago hers was about a month ago.

Interestingly though, I just called the store where both purchases were made and they said the student discount didn't apply to iPods. Go figure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina
Not only did my daughter use her student discount at the Apple Store, but I was able to use my work discount there too (no, I don't work for Apple). She used hers to buy a new iPod (and a case) and I used mine when I bought my Classic. Mine was about a year ago hers was about a month ago.

Interestingly though, I just called the store where both purchases were made and they said the student discount didn't apply to iPods. Go figure.

lol. You guys got lucky! I have do drive all across town to get my friends in-store discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM
The student discount didn't work for me when I tried it in the Apple store. Does it work with new products? It worked when I bought a Macbook but not for the iPod. Maybe you can't use it on iPods, even though it says there is no maximum amount of times per year that you can use the discount. (I have never used the discount for iPods, just to clarify).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.