Macbook with built in GPS?

Reaction score
Thinking about buying a Mac, but one question remains, is there any that have built in GPS? My old laptop had a GPS PC card, but Mr.Thief oh so cleverly pulled that out. >.< So, I want a macbook that has a built-in GPS unit. Any info on whether or not one exists would be great. Also, if there is any other way of finding a stolen macbook would be greatly appreciated, just incase I lose another.

Oh, and price is not a problem either,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
MacBooks do not come with GPS built in. You could try something like the Garmin Mobile PC, but it is not Mac compatible. However it would work with Boot Camp or Parallels.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Thinking about buying a Mac, but one question remains, is there any that have built in GPS? My old laptop had a GPS PC card, but Mr.Thief oh so cleverly pulled that out. >.< So, I want a macbook that has a built-in GPS unit. Any info on whether or not one exists would be great. Also, if there is any other way of finding a stolen macbook would be greatly appreciated, just incase I lose another.

Oh, and price is not a problem either,

There is no Apple computer with GPS built in.

If your looking for theft security and recovery then check out LoJack for Laptops.

http://www.lojackforlaptops.com/

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for both of your replies. I looked into both, and both seem like good options, let's just hope it doesnt come down to me having to need to search for it with GPS. Thanks

OP
K
Reaction score
Although, after reading the information about the lowjack for laptops, Do macbooks come with it? Or would i have to request it? if even available

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Although, after reading the information about the lowjack for laptops, Do macbooks come with it? Or would i have to request it? if even available

You have to buy it.

Reaction score
You should try Adeona. It is a freeware program that will run in the background on your computer. When you go to the website and report your laptop stolen, the next time your mac is connected to the internet, it will take down the IP address, take a photo using iSight, and give you all the data the police need to get your mac back. Here is the link.
http://adeona.cs.washington.edu/downloads.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.