Mac Mini was just the start!!

Reaction score
Hi,

Not long ago I bought a used Mac Mini to 'dip my toe in the water' of the world of Macs.... I have to say I'm very pleased that I took the plunge! :D

The Mac Mini came loaded with some great software from the previous owner (Photoshop, Office etc) and now I want to move up to a more 'serious' mac. My question is this.... can I move the software which is on my Mac Mini onto any new machine I get (whether that be another desktop or notebook) bearing in mind that I don't have any installation disks as the software was already loaded from the previous owner.

Thanks in advance.....

OTR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Legally the seller should have either wiped the software or included the installation CDs. The only way would be to back up to an external drive and transfer the software to the new computer but it may not be successful and require a new installation which leaves you up the creek.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Time Machine would be the easiest way.

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments so far.... if I went down the Time Machine route...would it be pretty straightforward? What would I have to do?

OTR

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.