Gmail constantly going offline with Mail

Reaction score
Hello. I have two imap Gmail accounts that I use for work with Mail. It seems like they are constantly going offline throughout the day. Sometimes it says "too many simultaneous connections" and sometimes it has other errors that I can't remember off the top of my head. I've double checked all my settings, tried other settings that people have suggested, and nothing seems to work. I'd say about 20 times a day I will see an exclamation point next to the account. It used to only happen with one account, but lately, it's been happening with both of them. it makes it really hard to conduct business when I can't email people back right away. I've never had this problem with Outlook or on my iPhone. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone have an gmail imap account that works perfectly all the time? I have it set to update my account every minute and I just changed it to 5 minutes to see if that helps. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I think Google has been having problems for a good week or two now. I've been having the same problems. So I end up going to webmail and doing stuff from there when it acts up and then it eventually straightens up after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.