Strange Behaviour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2008 Unibody, 8GB Ram, 10.6.8.
OK after 12 years as a die hard MS Windoze user I have just bought an iMAC!!
Its a standard 2.8 Ghz 24 Inch model.

One niggle, occasionally the when I move the mouse the screen changes to a transparent light blue colour and a small text button appears on the screen with the title of the application or window that the mouse is on!??!?!?

This is very annoying, what is causing it, or this MACs way of telling you hold on I thinking about something for a second.

Any hel would be great.

TVM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
It sounds like you are invoking expose. If the side mouse buttons are set to trigger a certain expose command, you may accidentally be clicking the button since they are very sensitive. Try looking in the Expose section of System Preferences and check what the mouse shortcuts are set up as.

OP
JonnyAlpha
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2008 Unibody, 8GB Ram, 10.6.8.
It sounds like you are invoking expose. If the side mouse buttons are set to trigger a certain expose command, you may accidentally be clicking the button since they are very sensitive. Try looking in the Expose section of System Preferences and check what the mouse shortcuts are set up as.

I have a standard Mac Mouse that does not appear to have side buttons? Went into Expose and switched off any call to Mouse button 3 and 4. Let's see what this does.

TVM:Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.