Replacement Screen Bexel

Reaction score
Replacement Screen Bezel

Hi all, this is my first post here and hopefully I will get a very satisfying response.

I recently lent a friend my MBA for the summer and it was returned with a cracked screen. To make the repairs as cheap as possible I have decided to replace the screen myself using the 'directions' on iFixit.com.

Everything went great while disassembling the laptop except for one issue: the front bezel of the screen is attached with double sided tape, and is very fragile aluminum (about the thickness of a few soda cans). With that said, I bent the bezel whilst attempting to remove it.

Is there any place that sells new or used Apple parts where I could find one of these bezels. I have found bezels for both Macbooks and Macbook Pros, but none for the Air.

I have considered taking the bezel to a jeweler or metalsmith to see what they can do with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
I would say check eBay, but I just did a quick search and found nothing. Of course something could pop up any minute. It seems that through Apple the only way to get the bezel is with a whole new screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.