New itouch/iphone software v 2.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i cant get over how snappy everything is, i think this will put all the complaining to rest.

where can i view all the updates that were done, and what was added, (if anything)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
Sorry to hi-jack, but I downloaded the update last night for my iTouch. It took forever, but I think that was because I had a bad connection. I installed it and now the apps I have downloaded won't work! I touch the app, it opens, waits a second, then closes. I didn't buy the update though. When I plugged my iTouch into my computer it told me there was an update available. Would you like to download and install and I said yes. Is this apple's way of giving you something, showing you how cool it is, then saying okay if you want to use it you need to pay up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry to hi-jack, but I downloaded the update last night for my iTouch. It took forever, but I think that was because I had a bad connection. I installed it and now the apps I have downloaded won't work! I touch the app, it opens, waits a second, then closes. I didn't buy the update though. When I plugged my iTouch into my computer it told me there was an update available. Would you like to download and install and I said yes. Is this apple's way of giving you something, showing you how cool it is, then saying okay if you want to use it you need to pay up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

do this (what i suggested to this guy), kind of a pain but should fix it in the end.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123020

after doing this once, i had no problems at all ever again. and i download and delete apps very often.

hope that helps!!!! keep me posted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll do that tonight. I'm at work and I left my computer at home:( I'll let ya know how it turns out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Where's the push notification we were promised? What about an iChat app to go along with that feature? Where are the GPS navigation apps that have been in development for months?

This didn't deserve to be called 2.1, it's just another bug fix update and should have been called 2.0.3. Apple tried to sucker us, but I'm not falling for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where's the push notification we were promised? What about an iChat app to go along with that feature? Where are the GPS navigation apps that have been in development for months?

This didn't deserve to be called 2.1, it's just another bug fix update and should have been called 2.0.3. Apple tried to sucker us, but I'm not falling for it.

what was it supposed to contain?

im pretty happy with the quickness, i didnt know new features were coming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
i cant get over how snappy everything is, i think this will put all the complaining to rest.

Agreed.

My phone is actually as quick as the phone in the ads on TV. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K

Um, ok. It's not really something to get that angry over Kash, really. It's a software update and a free one at that...

Reaction score
Iphone 2.1 update...Improved, Worst, or still the same?

Just checking in on the iPhone 3G users and their experience with the new update. I thought there would be plenty of comments on here already on the subject, but maybe the update hasn't made it's rounds yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
My contacts app loads fast, in fact all my apps do, and my web pages never crash, nor any of my applications.
Im not sure what happens if one has a lot of game apps from third parties though, in my experience any number of these create issues whether its desktop, iphone or ipod touch apps you use

Reaction score
I cant believe how dramatically it has increased my reception, dont see much battery life change.

Where the heck is the repeat sms notifications? where are its settings, or does it even exists?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
my reception has increased so much at my home. Everything loads faster and no lag at all. Love the update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
Loving iPhone 2.1 but i miss my blue dot telling me which room I'm in, in my house. =[

I liked that blue dot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM

i think genius is what made it 2.1 and also it was a major update for ipod touch and for convenience sake called both 2.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4gb, 500gb, 2.26 Duo. White iPhone 5, White iPad Mini 32gb
iPhone 2.1

anyone noticed many difference, i certainly have noticed that the apps install alot quicker and the phone doesn't freeze! (since my update)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My battery meter hasn't budged in the past 24 hours. Typically it'd be down to about 3/4 charge with little to no usage in the same period.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.