New Touch and Nano

Reaction score
Wow! just went on apple site and theres a new ipod touch with built in speaker and a new nano. Im definatly getting the touch, just for the speaker.

Wow wow wow! And it has volume control built in and support for Nike Plus shoes.

EDIT

OMG! nano comes in 9 new colors (looks like the 2nd gen nano) and has accelerometer like on iphone and itouch.

EDIT

Sorry, im excited. So, which one are you getting?

Reaction score
I am so happy they have gone back to the slim line design of the nano, I have always wanted one for when walking around and about uni but I hated the new shape so I stuck with my 5g 30gig classic

I brought one this morning (in yellow :D) and I can't wait till it arives! and is it me or are they cheaper this time round? mine was off the official site and was only £109.

OP
M
Reaction score
I brought one this morning (in yellow :D) and I can't wait till it arives! and is it me or are they cheaper this time round? mine was off the official site and was only £109.

That seems to be apples way. Release a new product with better features for less money. It feels like they do it to purposely get twice as much money. I mean, they could of easily added a speaker to the first gen touch. Apple cant of just "forgot" to add it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
That seems to be apples way. Release a new product with better features for less money. It feels like they do it to purposely get twice as much money. I mean, they could of easily added a speaker to the first gen touch. Apple cant of just "forgot" to add it.
If they'd have added it initially, I'm sure there would be some other thing they add to the 2nd gen that makes the fans rush out to buy one like so many little girls to a Hannah Montana concert.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
I got $250 for my touch that came free with my macbook...it might be time to pick up a new one, or a nano .... which one?@?!?!?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.4 GHz C2D
:'( I've thought about getting the iPod Touch, but I'm afraid it will be a disappointing substitute for what I really want, the iPhone. But an iPhone contract isn't in the budget right now. :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
i would get the ipod nano, but i have the 1st gen iphone, which i want to upgrade to the iphone 3G lol

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I just ordered the 16GB 2nd generation Touch. I'm not sure if my wife will let me have it before my birthday on the 24th though.... :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Typical... A month after getting the iPod touch a NEW ONE comes out.

TYPICAL!!! argg

:p

Reaction score
Typical... A month after getting the iPod touch a NEW ONE comes out.

TYPICAL!!! argg

:p

You can update your software on the applestore so you can get the latest interface. Its free if you have 2.0 but you have to pay about $9 or £6 to update any earlier versions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.