Problem in Transfering mp3 from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Hi all, good day!

I'm a newbie to Mac World, I've switched from PC to Mac just for a week, still amazed by it's user friendly OS. One of my task is to transfer all my MP3 files from PC to Mac, I managed to network & access PC files but wondering why most of the MP3 files in PC cannot be seen in Mac, the album folder is there but empty inside, that mean I can't select them and copy to Mac. Does anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks,
Koman

Reaction score
Sounds like you have the pc formatted improperly for the Mac to read. If the pc is formatted in fat32 the mac can read and transfer files, if however you have it formatted ntfs, the mac can not read it. You either need the program to allow the mac to read ntfs formatted drives or you need to first transfer the files you want to something formatted in fat32.

OP
K
Reaction score
thanks for helping me out! James, I am transferring the files via a Fat32 formatted external drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.