Macbook Pro 2.6Ghz

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to macs, but I have had enough of windows and all the problems therein and am converting my household to use macs exclusively. (Although I will probably end up using the dual boot ability to run XP while i get used to the mac side of things) Anyways, I am planning on getting just a standard macbook for my fiancee and the Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 ghz for myself. I intend on getting the 4Gb Ram, and the 7600rpm HD. Will this computer run World of warcraft well, or do I need to move to a desktop platform in order to play.

by run I mean Max Graphics at a reasonable resolution. I currently have 2 laptops and a desktop but I am hoping to eliminate the need for the desktop by switching to mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
The 2,6 Ghz MacBook Pro will play World of Warcraft without any problems, in full resolution. At least the 15 - inch.

When i bought my first MBP when they came out it was with the Radeon X1600 card and even then it worked really good for me. Nowdays when the game is more optimized for Mac OS X and with faster graphics i think you will be happy about the performance. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
not sure how similar the graphic requirements will be, but i can run command and conquer 3 at full graphics on my 15" 2.5ghz MBP.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie when it comes to macs, but I have had enough of windows and all the problems therein and am converting my household to use macs exclusively. (Although I will probably end up using the dual boot ability to run XP while i get used to the mac side of things) Anyways, I am planning on getting just a standard macbook for my fiancee and the Macbook Pro 15" 2.6 ghz for myself. I intend on getting the 4Gb Ram, and the 7600rpm HD. Will this computer run World of warcraft well, or do I need to move to a desktop platform in order to play.

by run I mean Max Graphics at a reasonable resolution. I currently have 2 laptops and a desktop but I am hoping to eliminate the need for the desktop by switching to mac.

Save yourself some money and get the bare minimal options. You can buy the 4GB and a larger HDD 320 GB 7200 RPM for less than 300 bucks. Only thing is that you need to install yourself, but there are so many tutorials online so it shouldn't be hard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.