Logitech MX mouse - Middle button

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just bought a new logitech MX revolution Mouse. I have the controle center installed and the mouse it all set up and is great but there is something that does not seem right.

When I press the middle mouse button (pressing the main middle scroll button down) The click makes a strange sound and does not seem normal. Is this the case with everyone else?

What also is weird is that if I turn the mouse switch underneath off it no longer makes this odd sound when its clicked.

The middle button dosent seem to do anything and in the controle centre the option to change what it does is grayed out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
Hello,

I have just bought a new logitech MX revolution Mouse. I have the controle center installed and the mouse it all set up and is great but there is something that does not seem right.

When I press the middle mouse button (pressing the main middle scroll button down) The click makes a strange sound and does not seem normal. Is this the case with everyone else?

What also is weird is that if I turn the mouse switch underneath off it no longer makes this odd sound when its clicked.

The middle button dosent seem to do anything and in the controle centre the option to change what it does is grayed out.

The middle scroll click switches the mouse between click-to-click mode and free-scroll mode. That is the sound you are hearing, and this function cannot be changed, that's why it's greyed out in the control center.

Try clicking it so that it is in free-scroll mode and then scroll down a long webpage super-fast! Have fun with your new mouse!

OP
I
Reaction score
oh yeah, I see what you mean now. That kinda sucks id rather have an extra mapable click button. if you flick the wheel it goes into free scroll mode anyway.

Apart from that seems like a great mouse! im trying to get used to the sensitivity of it though lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
oh yeah, I see what you mean now. That kinda sucks id rather have an extra mapable click button. if you flick the wheel it goes into free scroll mode anyway.

Apart from that seems like a great mouse! im trying to get used to the sensitivity of it though lol

Yeah. I found that the automatic change to scroll-mode was too unreliable. Sometimes I'd be there flicking the wheel on a webpage and it just wouldn't change - other times, it worked fine. So I kinda like the idea of a manual button to switch between the modes :)

The sensitivity of the free-mode scroll? Yep - it's pretty darn fast!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.