Having Issues Printer Sharing

x59

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Aluminum Macbook 2.0gHz, core i5 Mac Mini.
I have a Canon i860 photo printer set up on a XP machine in my basement, with a wireless access point as well. My iBook is set up on that network with no issues whatsoever. I would like to be able to print from my iBook, wirelessly to my printer. I set up the printer sharing on both my XP machine and my iBook and when I try to print from my iBook, it goes through and shows up in the print queue as a 'wireless document' but goes away almost instanly and nothing prints. When I set up the printer on my iBook, there is no option as far as the model for the i860, so I dont know if thatt has anything to do with it or not.
Any help willbe appreciated.
TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
is the printer mac compatible? try going to canon.com and looking up the drivers for the printer, download them and install them, that should do it.

OP
X

x59

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" Aluminum Macbook 2.0gHz, core i5 Mac Mini.
No luck, I installed the drivers...(I forgot to mention I did that in the first place) and it is still not an option in the 'model' list. Any other suggestions? The printer is mac compatible, as the drivers were for OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
do you have filesharing on on both computers? what are you selecting when trying to add the printer on the mac, windows printing? shared printing, etc?

H

Hyperion924

having the same problem

I am having the same exact problem and have done everything discussed so far as well. has anyone figured anything out on this subject? Please Help!!

Brent

[email protected]

K

keithf

I'm having exactly the same problem.
I've got the i860 shared off a win2k3 server, trying to connect with a G5 iMac. I installed the canon drivers on the mac, when i restarted a window popped up saying the print heads needed to be cleaned (this is before trying to connect to the printer). When i go to the printer setup utility and select the shared printer and pick canon as the manufacturer, the option to select i860 isn't there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.