My blank cd-r is not recognized on desktop and in folder..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Hi,

I am trying to burn a file onto cd but it does not get recognized @ all. The funny thing is that it works completely fine in iTunes in terms of recognizing a blank cd but not the same otherwise. Can someone tell me what's up? I'm frustrated b/c I need the hard drive space as it is getting close to completely full.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Go into System Preferences -> CD/DVD and make sure that when you insert a blank cd it is set to open up finder...you probably just have it set to ignore

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Figured it out...

Thanks for the tips!!

Actually I just realized that I didn't have enough free hard drive space required to burn the disc. I just emptied out the extra stuff and now everything is back to normal. But thank you for the prompt replies!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
I think I may win the award for bumping an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with my MBP. I was trying to burn about 500 MB of pics to a CD for my inlaws and my computer isn't even recognizing the blank CD-R. I've tried three different brands, so it's not a faulty CD-R.

I've already tried setting the default action to open finder when I insert a blank disk and that didn't work, and I've got 45 gigs of free space, so I doubt that's the problem....or were you talking about RAM with the previous post?

Anyway, I called tech support last night and he couldn't figure it out and suggested I take it to the local apple store. I'll do that, but won't have time until this weekend and am hoping there's a quick fix somewhere. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Is it a faulty drive? Take a look in Disk Utility to see if it's still listed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.