Macbook Pro 17" 2.4GHz 4GB 160GB vs MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz 2GB 200GB?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a graphic design major and looking to buy a MBP. Im dun know which one of these I should get:
Macbook Pro 17" 2.4GHz 4GB 160GB vs MacBook Pro 15" 2.4Ghz 2GB 200GB?

--------------------------------------
Both are Intel Core 2 Duo.
Price: *MacBook Pro 15": 2.4Ghz 2GB 200GB- $1,938.42
---------->Come with: Free 8GB Ipod Touch, Free Printer*Macbook Pro 17" 2.4GHz 4GB 160GB-$1,799.95
---------->Come with: Free Apple Remote.
I'm having a hard time choosing, please help. The 15" MBP comes w free stuff, but is $140 extra. The 17" MBP is cheaper & has 4GB Ram (which is worth almost $200).I'm leaning toward the 17" because its good deal-it's cheaper,has 4GB Ram & the screen's high resolution.
BTW, what is "Edge" Memory? This new MBP is on sale for $1,799.95.Is it a good price? I dun know if I'd be bothered by its size later.I dun have a desktop so I guess it'd be both-lap-desktop for me.

And also I have question about Applecare? Can I buy it whenever or have to buy it along with the MBP?
Thanks for your time

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
I think you may be happiest getting a 15" and an external monitor. Lots of real estate at home and much more portable.

Buy your ram after-market and it will run you about $100. Edge is simply a brand of RAM (like Ford or Honda).

Use Apple's refurb store for price checks - it will help you decide if something is a good deal.

You can buy and register AC anytime within the first year of ownership. Buy that aftermarket too. Amazon will save you up to $60 on it; it's even cheaper on ebay.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Get the cheaper one, you can upgrade to 4GB and a higher HDD for a lot cheaper.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.