2.4 vs 2.5

Reaction score
I'm debating if for the extra 300bux I should get the 2.5 over the 2.4 15inch MBP. Where would I notice any difference?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15.4" 1680x1050 Antiglare - 2.7Ghz Quad Core i7 - 8GB RAM - 750GB 7200RPM HDD
There are a few differences between the two models (larger cache, twice the VRAM, .1Ghz faster) but the only place you might notice a difference is in newer more demanding games (due to the higher amount of VRAM). If you're just playing Half-Life 2 or something older like that, you won't notice any difference at all, but if you play a more demanding game like Oblivion or Crysis (via bootcamp) you'll notice slightly better performance.

In a nutshell, it's not really worth the $300 unless you want to push every last ounce of power out of your games. You'll be happy either way though!

Trent out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
CodeSamurai hit the nail on the head. Not much more I can add on the differences between the 2.4 and 2.5.

Its really up to YOU. Is $300 a big deal? For me, it probably won't make a big difference since I really only play Sims in boot camp. I paid for the difference just IN CASE I ever need the extra power and since I'm the type of person that would look back and say "I should have spent the extra $$$". But thats just me...I'm just a little weird. :Evil:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.