g3 to g4

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to transfer my address book and favorites list from a 1998 imac to a g4 tower. Any hints? thanks, Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums customriver.

If the iMac is using OS X and the G4 is not using Leopard, get a memory stick, format, and drag the Address Book icon from applications to the stick, drag icon to trash, disconnect ONLY THEN, plug into USB port of G4 and draq icon to the desktop and then application folder.

When done drag icon again from memory stick to trash, empty trash, and then remove.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm trying to figure out how to transfer my address book and favorites list from a 1998 imac to a g4 tower. Any hints? thanks, Bruce

What email and browser programs are you using?

Depending on file size, as an alternative option to Harry's flash drive suggestion, you could email the address book and favorites file to yourself.

A second option if you're not planning to keep that iMac is to remove its hard drive and put it in your G4 tower which will operate two drives [which is what I'd do but then I love messing about with hardware :)]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.