edit file details.. HELP!!

Reaction score
ok, so i have some mp3 files that i want to change the details on.

i right click the file and then click on "get info". then i see the "more info" section but i cant edit any of the details..... *** do i have to do?

please help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
open itunes, select the file in there and do right click/more info there.

OP
X
Reaction score
open itunes, select the file in there and do right click/more info there.

yea thats what i've been doing. the details will change on itunes but the details on the actual stay the same. i want those details to change also

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
yea thats what i've been doing. the details will change on itunes but the details on the actual stay the same. i want those details to change also

I see what you're trying to do, I've tried it myself, and it seems that the More Info section can't be changed (unless you can get deep into the file system). I even tried duplicating an audio file then changing its name completely, but the More Info remained the same as before.

OP
X
Reaction score
I see what you're trying to do, I've tried it myself, and it seems that the More Info section can't be changed (unless you can get deep into the file system). I even tried duplicating an audio file then changing its name completely, but the More Info remained the same as before.

i've had my macbook for a lil over a year now. I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!! my mac runs MUCH BETTER than my pc(although im much more fluent in pc handling)

this is a serious negative towards my mac... but i guess its nuttin to cry about:\ ... i just wont use FINDER to play my music. bcuz when i do this, it will add the same file onto itunes twice. one is the original and the other is the one i edited the details to.

i guess i could fix this by put the files on my pc, editing the details, and then putting back on my mac. lol F*K THAT!!!!! thats not happening. too much work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.