maybe a dumb question but curious...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
why cant we talk about modding iphones here and discussion about the modded phones and such. it seems very hush hush.

yet there is an add and link to modmyifone.com

?Que?

i havent done this btw(in case you are attempting to answer my other question which would be appreciated)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's because of rule #4 here at Mac-Forums:

Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs.

Hacking an iPhone means modifying its code, which is in direct violation of the iPhone EULA. This is why we simply close threads talking about hacking the iPhone or just direct people to another site that specializes in that sort of thing. It makes sense to do the latter as you're going to get more and better information that way than you would here.

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
okay, then how can you advertise modmyifone.com

isnt this essentially saying one thing and taking money to act another way.

i wasnt necessarily asking why we cant discuss it more, why would there be an advertisement for a topic we cant discuss.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm sorry, what do you mean by advertise? I have adblock installed, so I'm not sure if you're referring to an actual ad on this site or if you're talking about people recommending it to other people?

Reaction score
%50 of the time their is an ad at the top of mac-forums.com linking to modmyifone.com. The EULA's are not laws, so i don't understand why it can't be discussed either, but rules are rules, so lets all pretend this conversation never happened. :)

Dylan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Trust me, you don't get to touch that topic with a ten foot pole. We've had this discussion already here at Mac-Forums and it wasn't pretty. You are right, let's just end it at hacking can't be discussed because it is against forum rules.

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the banner up top that has usually advertised places to download various apple program packages, the cheap used old apples, and various other websites, is a banner that is advertising for modmyifone.com.

the changing banner at the top of the page in this browser. not a pop-up or anything.

im not asking how to hack my phone, where to hack it (even though this advertisement is showing me) or anything. simply questioning how the forum rules can say one thing yet advertise the other.

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You gotta keep in mind that those ads aren't hand picked by the administrators, so it's not really being condoned by the forum.

OP
imnothardcore
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh is it random like the google ads?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, something like that, they usually adapt to the topic at hand. Like if you were to go to a gaming site, you would get ads pertinent to gaming. Ironically, our situation isn't unique. A guy posted a screenshot of a game hacking banner posted on a respectable gaming clan's website :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.