Disk Insertion error

Reaction score
I have a WB 500 GB external hard drive that has stuff on it I'd rather not delete if I can help it.

I'm having disk insertion errors, when I plug it in it says "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer" and i can initialize, ignore, or eject. In disk utility, none of the repair options are available, everything is greyed out. No matter what I do the icon doesn't show up on the desktop or anywhere else.

I tried to see if it worked on a pc but it doesn't show up in my computer. On the pc if I go to safely remove hardware it shows up as a USB mass storage device, and according to the properties it is working properly and everything, and I've reinstalled the drivers and nothing happened.

I've tried Disk Warrior but it didn't even recognize it.
HELP!

This has never happened and I've used it on macs and pc's before so I don't know what caused it.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
OP
K
Reaction score
I just did and it says no files were found on it!!! :[
How could they have deleted themselves?? I didn't do anything!

Is it possible they are still there or should I just reformat and erase the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.