Photoshop Elements 6 & iPhoto 08

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
OK you Photoshop gurus, who can help me with a question on iPhoto 08 and Photoshop Elements 6?

Just bought and installed a copy of PE6 - I continue to use iPhoto for storing and organising my pictures, PE6 is just for editing. iPhoto has been set-up to do all editing in PE6, so all of this works well:)

When I double-click an image in iPhoto, the image then opens in PE for editing - after editing when saving, if I save as the same file name (i.e. overwriting the orginal image), the edited version appears in iPhoto - this is great. Problem arises if I want to save the edited image with another file name, perhaps because I want to retain the original as well.

What happens then is that the original still appears in iPhoto, but not the edited copy. I can find the edited copy using Finder but if I try to drop this into iPhoto (or do an import from within iPhoto), iPhoto tells me it cannot be done owing to not recognising the file type (it is still in .jpg format). Confused..:Grimmace:

What am I doing wrong - surely it must be possible to edit a picture, save as another file name, yet have both files appear subsequently in iPhoto??

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
Reaction score
I do not know the answer to your question and I am new to this forum and I have another question about transferring a edited photo from phe6 to iphoto can you help me?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.