Rumors... new Touch??

Reaction score
Hi

I've been out of the forum for a few weeks and now that I come back I see there's something new coming on 2 days, rumors about a new Nano, a new Touch and a new "secret" thing.

I just want to know, are there any leaked pics of the TOUCH? Sorry for the ignorance, but I just wanna know, any rumors or whatever. God, I hope it's not made out of plastic...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's the actual rumor, that it's going to look like the iPhone 3G, curved back and all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I hope they include a speaker on the next one. I was going to try to develop a speaker system for them, but the brando team beat me to it with their external battery pack / speaker for the iPhone.

I have a couple other ideas based around that concept, but it'll never happen. Can't prototype fast enough.

Anyways. I hope they at least include a speaker. I think the touch might benefit from having a plastic back, it may improve the wireless capabilities. Since wifi is it's only radio, you want to have the best signal strength you can get, plastic will help with performance of the radio, at least it should. I don't think the 3G looks too bad with the plastic.

They both look good in their own ways. I'd be happy either way, I just think a speaker is needed the most right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure about the speaker, but another aspect of the rumor is that there will be a volume rocker on the side, again similar to the iPhone 3G.

OP
L
Reaction score
So the rumor means that it will be made out of PLASTIC? COME ON!! Darn it, it's like downgrading something, plastic scratches terribly, specially on an iPod which is handheld and usually not treated carefully.

I think that iPods have the tradition of having a chrome back, I don't think they'd change that, I mean, every single iPod except the shuffle has it. I REALLY hope that it's not plastic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Calm down, we'll find out tomorrow for sure. Even if it turns out to be plastic, who cares? It's not like it's the end of the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I posted a thread called September 9th in the rumors section. Go there if you want. Also, this is what I think is going to happen.

New iPod Touches with external speaker and volume controls on the side.

IPhone/ iPod Touch Software update

New Nano (tall/ rounded) and in 3 new colors- Yellow, Purple Orange.

iTunes 8.

Sorry, no new macbooks. It's WAY too soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
I also think they are going to upgrade the flash memory. The biggest touch today holds 32GB. This is because it has two 16GB chips inside.

Nowdays there are 32gb chips in the same size, so I think it is safe to say it will be available with 64GB flash memory.

And maybe some design changes and added features ?

Just my two ... ;)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I also think they are going to upgrade the flash memory. The biggest touch today holds 32GB. This is because it has two 16GB chips inside.

Nowdays there are 32gb chips in the same size, so I think it is safe to say it will be available with 64GB flash memory.

And maybe some design changes and added features ?

Just my two ... ;)

I think you're on the right track. My only hope is that they do away with the 8GB altogether and offer a 16GB at the same price point. Fingers crossed....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
WHOOOoooo I was right! SPEAKER!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No Plastic Please!

The iPod Touch is also being redesigned. The Touch now is thinner, with a contoured steel design. What’s the same? a 3.5-inch display, accelerometer, 802.11b/g and the app store. What’s different? An integrated volume control on the side, a speaker, and Genius playlist creation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminum 24" 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1Gig RAM; 500gb Time Capsule; 16gb iPod Touch
Hmmm. MIght have to trade up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The iPod Touch is also being redesigned. The Touch now is thinner, with a contoured steel design. What’s the same? a 3.5-inch display, accelerometer, 802.11b/g and the app store. What’s different? An integrated volume control on the side, a speaker, and Genius playlist creation.

And Nike kit integration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.