Mac Mini won't Boot into OS X!!

Reaction score
Hey there, i wonder if anybody can help with a really strange problem that i've been having...

For some reason, when i power on my Mac Mini, after a few seconds into the Apple logo and spinning wheel it completely powers off....

The even stranger thing is that if i boot with the Option key, it'll let me boot into my Windows Boot Camp partition without any problems, and I can access my OS X partition through Mac Drive without any problems either....

So, the error must be OS X related and not hardware related..

I booted OS X in verbose mode, and as you can see, the CPU gets halted:

http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc04748zg4.jpg

Any ideas what could be up?

I've tried resetting the PRAM and NVRAM, but it didn't help..

I appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
can you boot from the restore disks?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply..

Unfortunately, the idiot that i am, i cant seem to locate my restore disks that came with the Mini.. I do however have the retail version of MAC OS X Leopard, would that be able to act as a recovery disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
yes, give that a go and see if it works, you may have to to a reinstall of os x

OP
S
Reaction score
Booted off the retail DVD successfully, but there's an orange exclamation point on the MAC Partition, which won't allow me to use the "archive and install" feature...

Guess there's no other choice but to erase and install?

The first aid isn't working either (Verify Disk or Verify Disk Permissions both fail)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
yeah you have to do a clean install. I had the same problem but dont know if it was for the same reason as yours. I changed the permissions on my hard drive and the whole system locked me out. I had the whole apple logo and spinning wheel and then a reboot. I popped in the leopard disc, erased the hard drive, and reinstalled the OS. After that, everything was working fine again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.