Transfer from PC to PwerBook

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question that I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me with. Basically, I have a PC and a PowerBook. I currently have all my iTunes library and all my music on my PC and I'm not really using my PowerBook. Ideally, I would like to use my PowerBook as my music player. Now the question: Is there any easy way of transfering all my music from my PC to my Mac? It is quite a lot and the prospect of burnign one million DVD's doesn't really appeal to me...
Any ideas???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you on a network

Otherwise get an external enclosure and use that to put the PC drive in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If both computers have ethernet do this

Go to a computer store and buy an ethernet crossover cable - make sure its a crossover cable not a standard one

connect the two machines directly

If the powerbook has OS X go to system preferences > Sharing > and turn on windows file sharing

make a note of the macs SMB address

Go to your windows PC and connect to the mac (it will appear as a windows hare on the PCs network)

connect and transfer the files to the mac

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi...so I've bought a crossover cable, and I can see the pc in my mac network places but can't connect. Same on the pc. the mac kind of shows up if i click view workgroup computers, but i can't connect.
Can you talk me through what i have do to? I feel I'm sooo close to connecting but can't get the final step...thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what version of os x are you using

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can the PD connect to the mac now, you should be using your macs shortname from your user account and your mac password to connect

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.