macbook wont turn on! I TRIED EVERYTHING

Reaction score
:\ :\ :\ My macbook wont turn on!!! last night I turn it off as usual and today i just tried to turn it on.. i heard a noise like it was going to... also the white light blinked once (now i dont heard it anymore.. and the white light is off)... but then it didnt turn on at all!no matter how hard i try.. it just wont turn on!!! I took it to the apple store like one week ago and they changed the keyboard case cause it was broken.. i dont know if the moved something or what.

Im pretty sure its not the battery... because it appears to be almost full charged. i allready folowed ALL the steps on the apple page to turn it on...but they are not working for me.

I really need your help! I really need to finish a essay that i was doing last night!:\ :\ :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What is the spec of that MacBook and how old is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
Is the light setting on? It may be at zero. Try adjusting the light settings if there is a button that can do that on your keyboard. That's all I can think of at the moment.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried powering it on with the battery removed and hooked only to the power adapter, with no other peripheral devices connected?

Reaction score
I had a similar issue with my macbook a while back. Ended-up taking it to a genius at an Apple store and it was promptly shipped to a repair depot where the logic board, fans, and hard drive were replaced.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi!

yesterday i tried to restart the PMU folowing some instructions that I got from the apple webpage. it did work! ...but 5 minutes later it just died again! and now... it doesnt even work restarting the PMU!! i allready tried taking out the battery and still doesnt work for me!!

i think im gonna have to take it to the apple store... but heres the problem: I live in El Salvador but i bought my computer in the states 9 months ago. The problem in my country is that if you go to the apple store... they make you go to a Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for diagnosis... but you have to take it by yourself... and the AASP in el salvador is in a very dangerous area... is like in the center of the city and there are a lot of wear stuff going around there. Also... if you get to get there.. they have the WORST customer service EVER!!! is like im not willing to accept that kind of service at all!!! so... i guess ill have to wait to go to the states next month and take it to a apple store there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.