MacBook disk drive getting really angry at me

Reaction score
Okay. Now, this was rather stupid of me, but last year I had left a copy of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 in my MacBook's disk drive. It was jostled around in there for a couple weeks, and when one day I actually had to put something IN my disk drive, it got really angry at me. Like, UBER angry. I pressed the eject button, and it made noises like it was ejecting, but then it sucked the disk back in. This repeated until I got so fed up with the darn thing that I took a knife and put it under the disk, pushing it up and letting it eject.

But now, my MacBook has learned from its mistakes. Now I have my brand new copy of Spore stuck in the disk drive, and it DOES NOT want to let go. I don't want to knife up my copy of Spore, so its like it is holding a hostage. Has anyone had experiences like this, and can you tell me what you did? I wouldn't want to take Mr. Mac to the repair shop.

P.S. - I've done all the stuff with Disk Utility and Unix, but to no avail. :(

Thanks!
Jearb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I assume you have just one disk in there (I hope)

Restart and hold down the main mouse button, that is the standard way to eject stubborn disks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you get a change to grab it before that greedy mac took hold of it again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.