Slow WI-FI speeds

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help with the poor speeds I'm experiencing when connecting my Original iPhone through my wireless network.

I'm using a Linksys WAG200G wirelessly and when this is used on my Mac I get between 3mbps - 6mbps.

When I connect with the iPhone it ranges between 300kbps - 600kbps.

Any idea or help would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I have the same setup. And my iPhone also goes to a max of somewhere around 500kBps. Maybe the iPhone doesn't have an powerful enough wifi card to transfer at 6mBps? Why would you want this much of speed anyway?

OP
G
Reaction score
I have the same setup. And my iPhone also goes to a max of somewhere around 500kBps. Maybe the iPhone doesn't have an powerful enough wifi card to transfer at 6mBps? Why would you want this much of speed anyway?

I'd like to get it as quick as I can to be honest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
In any case I don't think you are gonna get that kind of speed on the iPhone. I've used different iPhones on different wifi setups and same thing applies. I seriously don't see where you need such speed on the iPhone

OP
G
Reaction score
In any case I don't think you are gonna get that kind of speed on the iPhone. I've used different iPhones on different wifi setups and same thing applies. I seriously don't see where you need such speed on the iPhone

It's good to know that it's not my iPhone that's faulty anyway. It would be nice if it were consistent though as it seems a bit all over the shop at the moment - maybe that's down to my Internet connection and not the phone. The most I've got so far though is 900kbps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.