Invoking Java programs

Reaction score
I have several Java based tool that I copied over from Linux to run on my MacBook. On Linux, they're each started from a small shell script which I can invoke via an application link (in KDE) by just clicking on it. The link shows up in menus like any other application. I would like to do the same thing on the Mac, that is, have a link I can click on that shows up under Applications or Utilities. But, I'm rather new to the Mac and have no idea how to accomplish that. Can someone please get me started in the right direction.

Thanks,
Rob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Use automator's "Run shell script" action and then save your workflow as an application.

OP
C
Reaction score
That works perfectly. One more question however. How can I change the icon. Automator saves the application using its own icon and I don't see any option that will allow me to change hat behavior. Perhaps I need to run a different program to change the icon?

-- Rob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.