How to burn-in or stress test the iBook's CPU and memory?

C

Chatbox

I'd like to stress test the processor and the extra stick of ram that I bought for my iBook.

In the PC world, I'd use Prime95 and memtest (bootable CD) to test the CPU and memory.

What apps do I use for an iBook?

OP
I

IChing

xbench is a shareware, that gives video, cpu, hard drive specs. I just got 1gig for my pb15 133 al and tested my puppy before and after. Is this what your'e looking for? http://www.xbench.com/

OP
C

Chatbox

Nah, it's not benchmarking software that I want.
Basically, I'm looking for software that can scan/test the memory for bit errors, and another piece of software to test CPU stablility/consistancy under stress/load.

OP
I

IChing

As noted on the site;

"I only tried your product out this afternoon for the first time. I'm really impressed. I heard some buzz about it on versiontracker and some of the tech sites, but thought it was "only" a bench mark utility.

I had no idea until I downloaded it and watched it run that it was a tool for diagnosing specific problem areas in performance. I assumed that it would only output a single number - like an overall performance rating. Then to see that one can use it to compare to other user's systems: very comprehensive."

but they do have memtest for mac. http://www.memtestosx.org/
for the os x system. prime95 is not avaliable yet.

I would suggest you benchmark also before adding memory or stressing your system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or you can use the included apple hardware test for memory & disk errors...

It's included on the installation cd's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.