HELP!!! turns on then COMPLETEY FREEZES!

Reaction score
Ok. Im not gonna rant im just gonna tell you whats wrong.

The machine turns on okay, loads up and reaches the title screen. Within about two minutes play time in and/or out of programs the computer then freezes and doesnt work at all.

And that, is quite simply it.

Before this problem occured it did remind me afew times that i was running out of disk space. Of course i ignored this hence why the problem has arrived!Could it be a hard drive issue?

If anyone can help me with this one, that would be great!
Fingers crossed this isnt too serious.

Many thanks, Graham

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Could be it. As you run out of memory, OS X tries to use virtual memory, (which means hard drive space) can't find any swap space so it hangs.

Try deleting files and folders you no longer need. Copy all your music and videos to an external hard drive. Make more room on the HD and see what happens.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
Ok thanks for that. I will try it but i dont think it will work due to the simple reason i have about 2 minutes (if even) before it freezes up completely. I will certainly give it a shot though!

Ill let you know how i get on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.