Airport express, Vista, wireless networking ....and an unhappy bunny.....

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I love Macs (OS Leopard) and had airport express set up to play Itunes wirelessly through our hi-fi. The internet connected perfectly through DSL modem. I was a happy bunny and there were no tensions at home. Everything was bliss.

Then I was given a vista Laptop (with wireless) for work .....(the sound of ominous music).............and a Belkin wireless router...............and the IT dept's views of "its easy to set up.....(said with the smug smile that only Windows IT guys have)"

Now the airport base station won't work (I hate orange flashing lights with a passion now) and I have intermittent access to the internet on the MAC ....but Vista PC access is okay .......political suicide from my perspective ("your work is more important than us!!"....you can hear it can't you....I was a happy bunny - but my missus re-defines the "bunny boiler" and if you thought negotiating with terrorists was hard .....)

I have limited networking experience with MACs and have tried different combinations and am getting exceedingly frustrated......airport express still doesn't work (base station just still flashes orange at me) and MAC internet is intermittent.

So I have three solutions :

.....call in the UN peacekeepers - although I would hate to detract them from slightly more pressing world events
.....seek countenance from PETA for cruelty to happy bunnies.
.....seek wise countenance and counsel from others far more capable than I would ever be ....

Sorry for being a hapless sort of chap but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Tim

PS carrots really are good for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.