Disk Utility

Reaction score
I'm trying to burn data on to a dvd. It has 4.7gb..

Whenever I try to burn the burn folder it tells me to insert a blank disk.. I've tried different different dvd's in the spindle just in case the first was faulty.. but I still get the same message...

How do I burn this data?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Some quick hints:

1. Finder burn - Insert a blank CD or DVD into your burner and drag and drop the files you want to burn onto the CD or DVD icon. Drag the icon to the Trash and Mac OS X will burn the data to the disk before ejecting it.

2. Burn folder - Create a Burn folder in the Finder and drag files into the folder. Click the Burn button on the burn folder's window and Mac OS X will burn copies of the original files to a CD or DVD.

3. Disk Utility - Copy all the files you want to burn to one folder and use Disk Utility to create a disk image of the folder. Burn the disk image to a CD or DVD with Disk Utility.

4. Freeware - Search MacUpdate for "burn" and you'll find several free disk burning programs.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.