new mac user question image problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermac g4 sawtooth 400mhz agp 80gig 1.5 ram tiger
i just downloaded transmission and i double click on it it starts to do stuff then says it failed to mount because it timed out ..or resources were busy im very ne to macs so i got no clue whats going on iv tried restarting and i downloaded xtorrent and it gives me the same problems :(

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well that didnt work i just got the same error but im perty sure it dosnt have to do with transmission since i xtorrent is doing the same thing

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well dont everyone try to help all at once i really wanna make this switch to osx but if i cant even get it to install something ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Are you actually installing the downloaded software?
If Not:
Double click the file, usually a dmg file. When it opens drag the application to the Applications folder in finder.
Best.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well there 2 suggestions seem not to work they wanted me to copy 2 folders to the desktop and restart that didnt work dmg's still wont mount they timeout or says resources to busy they also suggested running applejack witch i dont really know what it is but i d/l it and how i would love to run it it comes as a dmg ..... soooo i cant mount it lol

Reaction score
Well, unless someone comes up with something else it looks like it's backup and reinstall the system time.

You have booted from the install dvd and repaired permissions and repaired the drive? Pretty much what Applejack does not counting clearing caches and checking .plist files. Onyx will do this but I think it comes as a dmg too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.