Powerbook G4 display, Red line

Reaction score
My powerbook display has recently developed this vertical red line along the mid-right side. I was wondering what sort of remedies there are for this, aside from replacing the display. The display was just replaced last August, because it would only function at lowest brightness. Unfortunately this was at the very end of the warranty.

I have gone through all the assembly steps, and was hoping it could possibly be a poor connection. If anybody has any suggestions on what can be done aside from replacing components, please tell me!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I have also just developed this issue on the display of my powerbook G4. Guess it will force me to get a new macbook pro that i wanna get.

OP
D
Reaction score
Nah, I was thinking of replacing some parts on it. No money for new computers. I need a new case on the bottom too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
It's dead pixels if it's a Titanium powerbook.
The lines could be made by
heat
component failure
or numerous other things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.