• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

AWESOME Government Discounts!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Well I was on the Forums trying to find another Mac to buy, I wanted a MacBook Pro this time. So I found some good deals, I was just having problems trusting anyone to ship them out to me, considering I'm overseas right now as a DOD contractor. So I decided to go onto the Apple website and look at the refurbished ones they had.

I was looking for a 17" Hi-Res model, and of course, they had them. So I chose the Fully upgraded 17" model they had, which before taxes and everything, the refurbished price was $2500. So, after looking around, I find out that apple does government employee discounts of 17%!!! I had to buy it, because I got both discounts, the refurbished one, and my government one.

So at the end of this all, including overnight shipping, and my APO shipment, and remember I ordered the FULLY UPGRADED MacBook Pro, my final price was...ding, ding ding $ 2400.00!!!!

I just wanted to share the awesome day I'm having so far...Now I just got to wait for it to get here lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
So awesome!!! I bet the shipping was costly too.

Congrats on the new MBP.

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
So awesome!!! I bet the shipping was costly too.

Congrats on the new MBP.

Thanks Man!! It's always exciting when you know you have another Mac on the way!! My 4th Mac machine, but still as excited as ever!!

The shipping wasn't to bad, overnight to the people that ship it to my APO was only like $28. But I got to pay the people to ship it to me APO, which is like $30 I believe.

All in all, this is the best deal I have ever gotten!!

(Also just ordered 4gigs of Corsair ram for it)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
I should have used my dad's government discount to buy my mac, but at least i got a student discount haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.