Why the iPod Suxs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5 GHz Pb G4 2 GB, imac 2.4 GHz 2 GB, iphone 16 GB
shaun89 said:
What do you mean calibrating? You can get batteries that last 40 hours!!!

where how what tell! i've got a mini though...

OP
C

Cloudane

I didn't really see any of his arguments as valid. The sound quality is the best I've heard and even a lot of picky audiophiles seem to love it. Operating it in your pocket - umm why?? Battery - well I've had my pod for about 6 months and no problems so far. The *indicator* is crap, but the battery seems to last forever.

WMP compatibility? Pmph, who cares - AAC is better anyway and Apple are in direct competition with Microsoft so it's kinda expected. You can convert WMP files in iTunes though so it shouldn't matter, ne? As for OGG, as someone said earlier that's just for Linux nerds. I've never in my life seen an ogg tune on any of the p2p progs.

Forced to use ITMS? Since when, did Steve Jobs go round to his house and hold a gun to his head? I'm pretty sure I've used Napster to buy tunes that iTunes didn't have and then imported them...

Just a load of FUD from someone with a chip on his shoulder IMO.

OP
N

Nightblade

Just wondering, but does anyone here own a Portable Media Center, or own one of these "Zen" things, or know anyone that owns either of them? If so, how do they compare to the iPod based on your experience and/or your friend's?

Another thing...Don't most Windows users prefer WinAmp as their media player? I'm pretty sure WinAmp is more widely used than Windows Media Player (as a program, not as a plugin obviously).

OP
T

The mac 13

i use media player. i like it better than winamp. media player is hmm maybe good as it plays lotsa thingys. i dont really like quicktime as u have to open a new window for every new media file. just my 13 cents worth!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The mac 13 said:
i dont really like quicktime as u have to open a new window for every new media file.

Which you can change in the settings...

Edit > Preferences > Player preferences

Uncheck "Open movies in new player", and that's it.

OP
T

The mac 13

interesting.. lol. ok will check it out! anyhow, is the apple thingy today video out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
Macman said:
after reading that, I can tell you that most f his problems are user caused, and not cause of the ipod, like the whole batterything, other companies now sell up to 40 hour batteries for the ipod and give you the kit to change yourself. and sound quality, buy better headphones, its that simple. I hate when people go off on something for no reason when
the problems often lie on their end.
Really? Well come on, details! :headphone

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macman

after reading that, I can tell you that most f his problems are user caused, and not cause of the ipod, like the whole batterything, other companies now sell up to 40 hour batteries for the ipod and give you the kit to change yourself. and sound quality, buy better headphones, its that simple. I hate when people go off on something for no reason when
the problems often lie on their end.

Really? Well come on, details!
If you look on the on the other page there is a link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch iMac, 1GB RAM, 160 GB hard drive
No 40 hour battery, only for 3rd generation.

OP
N

newmacuser07

that is kinda of out to date and yes he updated about the ipod photo..i guarntee he has never used an ipod or even held one..espiecaly the photo. The screen on the ipod photo is AMAZING..the ipods sound quality is AMAZING out of the line out but is pretty good out of the headphone jack with goood headphones (i use shure e2c's) I have also owned a Rio Karma which i Loved because i got it before hte 20gb ipod was the $299 option and 15gb was not enough for me. I still like the rio karma but it is now where near the build quallty of the ipod..its SOLID no creaking or anything..yea it gets scratched..waht doesnt? I also own an iriver ifp-890..(512mb flash player for those who didnt know) this i can say sounds better than my ipod through the headphone jack..i use this player for running and recording my live shows..every player has a diffrent purpose..the ipods purpose is to play music, and play music easy enough for all consumers to understand and you know what, apple succseded in this and too bad creative, iriver, microsoft..whoever else. Your ipod "killers" aren't working..how many ipods were sold over the last year? over 2million or something like that. Look at all of the accessories for hte ipod..look how many accessories there are for other products. Apple OWNS the digital media player market like Rio did..what 5 years ago now is it? They may not own the computer market but as of now they are making so much profit from the itunes store and ipod and all of its family....Apple is really growing right now and this guy who wrote this artice is compltely wrong..he may not like hte ipod, ok you can not like the ipod or macs, but stating your ideas as facts and telling other peopel that are correct that they are wrong, is wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.