just pulled the trigger. . . :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK *white* 2.4GHz; 2GB RAM; 160GB HDD
---edit---
it's just been shipped! wow, i ordered it today (friday afternoon) and they already shipped it out. very cool (i figured it'd be monday at the earliest before it shipped).
should be here on the 10th.
lol i feel like a giddy kid right now. soooo exciting.
---edit---

okay, i've been talking to my parents about getting myself a mac for a couple of months now.
they wanted to help me (i needed my dad's good credit. i'll pay the computer off, but i need to make monthly payments, and my credit isn't so good).

i just ordered a refurbised 2.4GHz white macbook, with 2gigs of ram, and 160gig hard drive.
i also ordered a cheap carrying case for the macbook.

i originaly wanted a macbook pro. my dad couldn't get approved for a $2000 purchase though (through apple's credit card, or through bill me later).
we talked it over, and i gave it some thought.
i decided to go with the macbook.
now honestly i like the looks of the macbook alot more then i like the looks of the pro. . .hehe i just looks cute and very clean. i love the looks of the machine.
plus i don't play games hardly at all on computers (i do like world of warcraft though, which macbook can handle). so having a dedicated video card isn't necessary.

the macbook will do everything i'm looking to do right now. i've been without a computer for a couple of years now (have to goto my parent's to use a computer). . .so i'm just thrilled to be getting a computer in the first place. . .let alone just a powerfull, sleek, and cute computer. :D

and i took my mom's notebook up to my appartment today to see if i was getting any unprotected wifi signals.
sure enough, i'm getting 2 unprotected signals.
1 is kinda weak, but would work.
but the other is full strength. . .and it's comming from a mcdonald's that's a few blocks away (lol i was suprised i was picking up a signal from them. . .and it's full strength which is awesome).
so i got free high speed internet (so freaking awesome).

plus one last thing,
it would've taken me about 2 years to pay off a macbook pro (paying $100 a month).
on the macbook, it'll only take me about 12-14 months, which is great. 2+ years is a long time to be tied to payments on a computer. 1 year is much easier to swallow.

so i don't know what the point of my post is.
i'm just extremely excited. this is seriously a dream come true, and i can't believe it's happening.
my first mac, and i can't freaking wait :D .
thnx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook. 2GHZ, 2 GIG RAM, 80HDD, Airport, Bluetooh.
Welcome Freind,

I am sure you are going to be very happy with your MacBook i am... I love how people walk past and are like whats that... ;D

I use mine in college for Video editing and photography work. I love how (im a uk person) that im the only person with a MacBook and the rest are using Windows, i sit there using i movie and aperture and iwork pages and my work looks great...

Then they are stuck with Windows Movie Maker, then they all use msn and some windows programs and they are like hahah stuck...

Then i use paralles and Mac OSX and Windows and their face

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Priceless

Enjoy mate

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Welcome to the world.
Get iWork. That is all.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Humm not sure if you will get the new Mac smell when it comes to your door. The smell is intoxicating for sure, and the the packaging is very clean and simple.

I recently just spent over 400 dollars on upgrading my new macbook + accessories. Fun times.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hehe probably no new smell for me. :| it's a refurb.

thanks for the welcome guys. 3 DAYS AND COUNTING! lol, so excited.

here's a questiong.
iwork vs. ms office?

i plan on putting windows xp on a small partition on my hard drive, and will be running office '07 there.
should i get iwork for my mac side of things?
i guess that makes sense (and save me moola in the process :* ) and it gives me both.

any other "must own" software suggestions?
thnx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook. 2GHZ, 2 GIG RAM, 80HDD, Airport, Bluetooh.
hehe probably no new smell for me. :| it's a refurb.

thanks for the welcome guys. 3 DAYS AND COUNTING! lol, so excited.

here's a questiong.
iwork vs. ms office?

i plan on putting windows xp on a small partition on my hard drive, and will be running office '07 there.
should i get iwork for my mac side of things?
i guess that makes sense (and save me moola in the process :* ) and it gives me both.

any other "must own" software suggestions?
thnx.

It all depands on what you are doing. Office is the Standard in Office publishing, however mac's is like a simplified version of the stuff in office.

Apple are offering a iwork trial

Gogogogogogo

:p

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just received my macbook a couple of hours ago.

lol as i'm typing this up, my mac is putting little red lines under some words i miss-spelt (i had to add "lol"). then i right click (forget what you mac guys call it) and it gives me the correct spelling. hehe a small thing i know, but it's awesome.
i used it alot on windows with ms office word. . .but having it when i type up replies on the net is great.

anyhow, i booted the computer up, changed the settings a bit (so when i tap on the mouse pad, it clicks, i also enabled the 2 finger tapping). *lmao, i thought finger was spelt fingure. . .i've been spelling it that way for years. guess my mac is alot smarter then me :Cool: *

so far i'm in love with this thing. it's fast, it's great looking, the screen is waaay brighter and bigger then i was expecting, the keyboard is amazing, and i love the looks of it.
i'm in the process of installing world of warcraft (only a 14 day trial) and we'll see how that runs.

i'm sooo tired *yes mac, i know it's not spelt sooo, but rather so. get over it! lol* i didn't sleep much last night, and now i'm too excited for a nap.
i'll post more (along with a billion questions i'm sure i'll soon have) when i'm more awake.

just a quick update.
thnx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.