BIG question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 1.33ghz 768ram, iMac G4 1.0ghz 1gb 80gb 10.4.11, iMac G3 450mhz 256 20gb 10.4.11 9.2.2
Ok, i'm thinking about buying a new macbook. i've read a little about snow leopard coming out soon. does that mean that I leopard will be obsolete soon or does it have a few good years left? don't want to spend 1000+ dollars and then turn around and have to buy an os upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Snow Leopard is just going to be a performance boost. It wont really have any new features like Leopard did.

Leopard will not be obsolete after Snow Leopard comes out, people are still running Tiger and older versions of Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
If you forever wait until new O/Systems come out, it will be an endless exercise, because there is always going to be further development in process no matter what platform you use. Just make your decision on your preferred OS and go with it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.