Firefox freezing

Reaction score
1 have 1 year old macbook running firefox 3, but every now and then (recently its been more frequent) firefox has been freezing up. Sometimes while watching videos itll just freeze for a few seconds but other times while watching or not watching videos itll freeze up for atleast a minute. I really love firefox 3, but if this continues ill have to go back to 2 (didnt have any problems). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do you have adequate memory, say 4GB or more?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Sagar1101,
I have had FF 3.0.1 freezing up on my Macbook, so I just use Safari now. I think it is a glitch in the FF for Mac version. FF works fine on my PC and I have 1GB RAM in each computer. Might use it again on the Macbook when they iron out the glitches.

OP
S
Reaction score
plenty of memory, when it freezes i check to see how much free and inactive memory i have and its usually more than 1 GB (out of 2)

thanks lakewoodlady, i think ill go back to ff2

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Kind of weird I use to have the same problem, but somehow it resolved itself?

Reaction score
I've had the issues with FF 3 as well. I hit Go, or hit a link, and nothing happens. Images on some sites never load. On some sites, all I see is the text form the site, no layout, no background.

Seems to happen at least daily. Been using Safari lately.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.