Story of a switcher.....

Reaction score
Its been several months since I made the blind switch to OS X from Windows. Going in I had no clue as to how I would adapt. I had no friends who used OS X or supported it in any way shape or form. I came from the PC "FPS gaming" crowd, raised from day 1 with a PC. Even my high school used PC's for the computer lab.
I decided to take a shot in the dark and buy into the Mac VS PC ads on TV. really the only thing i knew was OS X looked slicker, had less complaints compared to Vista, and was rumored to operate more effectively with multitasking. Walking into the apple store I was armed with a single CNET benchmark test of the 2.2ghz santa rosa Black Macbook, a credit card too close to its limit, and a bank account filled with flies and lint.

About 5 months later:

I will never in my life use another OS. I couldn't even imagine functioning without OS X. It has allowed me to double my productivity in everyday use as well as with my work (part time wedding/freelance product photographer. Full time Pizza Cook). Spaces has revolutionized my multitasking abilities and organization. What still blows me away is OS X's ability to flawlessly prioritize applications memory and processor usage. I am usually running in excess of 9 major apps at once. Some of the big ones (VMware Fusion, Itunes, Mail, Skype, Aduim, Safari, Last.FM, Photoshop CS3, Traktor DJ studio.[traktor is only open sometimes]) That list is of course with 4 gigs of ram. Even before my ram upgrade I was running many apps, maybe not Photoshop, VMware and Traktor all at the same time.

Anyways, if you give it some time, be open to new things, and install a little program called Quicksilver, you will never go back to Windows...... except for some gaming. I still dust off my PC for some CS:S when I have the time.

Reaction score
Thats awsome!!!! I'm also a recent switcher, well kinda. I used Mac's in my middle School for all three year. kinda liked it, the problem was the restrictions the school put on the iBooks. so i went back to P.C. for some years. then I decided to try again after my sister got a MBP for her job(she bought it her self) as a graphic designer. I loved it so much I got a PowerBook G4 Alum. 15" 1.33GHz. it only has OS X 10.3 on it right now and only 256Mb ram for now, and it still multi tasks better than my previous P.C. My P.C. was a Acer Aspire 3680 14.1" 1.85GHz 2Gb ram, running both Vista Home Basic(SP.1) and XP(SP.3)(dual booting). My PowerBook G4 however Kicks it's BUTT at: booting, running itunes, converting movies, internet browsing, playing Saurbraten(free realistic first person shooter game), and doing all this at once is something my P.C. could only dream of. I actually could boot and run iTunes on my mac before my P.C. got fully loaded the desktop. And my P.C. is clean and virus scanned everyday with AVG(exept during the test to not get false results), and i got 79% free disk space on my P.C. All I got to say is Mac is the best. and the battery last about 2.5 hours on my mac (lightly used battery) and my P.C. got 15mins to 30mins(lightly used battery), and now my P.C. shows a battery failure.
MAC IS AMAZING!!!!!! I'll never switch back!!!!!

Reaction score
You know i was very sceptical about moving to OS X myself. My old laptop broke, and I just said screw it, im just gonna get a mac.

Theres nothing to explain, and the bottom line is: Macs really do everything a PC can, and a lot, lot more...

I am honestly in love with my mac. Whenever I get the chance to take it out, I do. I will never forget unpacking it from the skinny case it comes in, firing it up, and LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. Also it is the black version, so it is even MORE sexy.

love it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.