mobileme prob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour
hi just got my 1st iPhone today and for some reason mobileme doesn't appear to work. It does not sync. It did it at first so I got my contacts, calender, and bookmarks but now it doest sync any changes that are made. When I click on the mail app in iPhone the little spinning symbol appears in the top left corner. It just spins and spins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Probably should first make sure all your push/fetch settings are set correctly. Make sure you have your iPhone set to fetch every 15, 30, hour. Also make sure your mail, calendar, contacts and books are your set to "ON" under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > your .me Account. Afterwards or if those settings are already correct, I would do a restart. Hope this helps.

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I got it to work. Had to reset network connections. Is the mobileme sync 2 way. Seems to sync from comp to cloud and cloud to phone but not the other way.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Yes, you should be able to sync both ways. MobileMe can be a little finicky sometimes. However, you should be able to sync both ways. Sometimes the the syncing takes longer than what is according to the settings take a little and sometimes the sync seems almost instant. Keep playing around with it, you'll get it to work. Holla back and let us know if you got it to work. ;D

OP
ferritt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I think it's finally ironed it's self out. I still get I slight problem when deleting or changing iCal entrys from the iPhone. When the changes finally show up on my mac sometimes the changes never take effect, or the item doesn't delete. Also something not related to mobile me, even tho I have a 3g signal I never seem to be able to connect?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.