Firewall will not allow access to computers on network when switched on?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Hi, today I finally got connected to the windows computers in my house from my Macbook (even though I have had wireless internet access the whole time). I discovered that it is the firewall that is the problem. When the Firewall is off, everything works perfectly. When it is on, the internet still works, but i cannot access the shared folders of the PC's on the network. File sharing is on, and the firewall says it is allowing it, but it is obviously not.

Please help!!!

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yep, you're blocking the smb ports. You will need to open all the ports you use. You're allowing AFP, which windows does not use.

OP
mikey.b@gmx.com
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Hi, thanks! How do I do that?! Sorry, my first mac!

OP
mikey.b@gmx.com
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it sorted now! Thanks Dysfunction.

Mike

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.