Firefox randomly stops working

Reaction score
So I've had this problem for a while now, and it's began to bug me. What basically happens is I'll be browsing the web, and all of a sudden Firefox stops loading pages. What I mean by this is when I click on links, nothing happens, if I open a new tab and try to open a link there, nothing happens, and on the status bar it says "Done". Once I quit Firefox and reopen it, everything works fine, only to become like this later on. My internet works while all of this is happening, so I know for sure it's something up with Firefox. I have version 3.0.1 installed.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
mark r23,
I have had FF 3.0.1 freezing up on my Macbook, so I just use Safari now. I think it is a glitch in the FF for Mac version. FF works fine on my PC and I have 1GB RAM in each computer. Might use it again on the Macbook when they iron out the glitches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mbp
this happens to me all the time.
i usually just relaunch firefox, but that's annoying when you're researching important material for school

i started to use safari, and still had this issue

hopefully someone has an answer for us!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have had the same problem in all of the beta versions of firefox. I have reported it, but nothing have come if it yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.