iPod Touch and Existing videos

Reaction score
I just got myself an iPod touch and I absolutely adore this product. When I bought Nano last year my itunes didn't work properly thus I used some third party program but for iPod Touch everything gone smooth so far. Except I couldn't manage to put my existing .avi films and vid clips onto it. I try to import them via iTunes but nothing comes up. Can anyone tell me whether there is a way to put the existing vids on this device or only iTunes purchased vids play?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I have a Classic, and that will only play mp4 videos. You're going to need to convert the avi files to mpeg-4. I use Quicktime to do this, but it takes forever.

Trying to find you something free to do it with and came up with this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
2nd vote for iSquint. It's the simplest free solution by far. It'll even add the converted video to iTunes for you.

I use it for avi-mp4 for iPod Touch, and now iPhone and it works flawlessly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Thankfully there's also quite a lot of mp4s out there on the net as well which saves me some time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.