• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need a good CS college in NYC area

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
The university I currently attend has a very poor CS department (after the intro classes there are only around 5 or 6 people per class). Recently a few of the CS professors left, so the department is only going downhill from here. I am now looking to transfer to a school with a better CS department since I am a CS major. Does anyone know of any good CS universities in the NYC area?

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz C2D MBP & 16GB White 3G iPhone
I'm a Pace alumni and while I was a accounting major, I had quite a few friends who were CS majors and they never had any complaints.

Hope that helps some.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, I'll look into that :D

Anyone else have any suggestions??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I know a few CS majors at Seton Hall, none seam to have any complaints. They also give you a computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.