Ibook G4 12" Super Drive Problem

Reaction score
I just recently bought a Ibook G4 800 mghz (earlier model) off ebay and bought a super drive because the only optical drive it came with was that it could read CD's it did not come with a combo drive. I installed the superdrive and it now says that burn support is no and i cannot play or burn DVD's or CD's i emailed the guy i bought the drive from and he said that if it did not come with a drive that could play DVD's than it will not support this drive, i dont want to have to take out the drive is there any firmware or any other suggestions as to how to get this supported so i can get this thing working. THanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
thats a 7 year old machine your trying to stick quite new technology in. I'm not much help here but ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lombard 400, 190cs, Wallstreet 233
I'm pretty sure this has been done before. Did you make sure all the settings on the superdrive were the same as the original CD drive? sometimes there are jumpers involved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.