My iMac keeps freezing

Reaction score
Hello all, im new to the site, i think i got the appropriate place for this if not could a mod please move it. I have a I mac 24" 2.8 ghz core duo 2. It's still under warrenty was having problems with it not starting up. they replaced the logic board and power supply, and airport thing. problem was solved for a couple days. now im having a problem with the computer freezing during start up. I managed to keep it on long enough to reinstall the CD's that came with the comp worked for about 6 hours and then froze. It now wont even make it past the white screen with the apple icon. I've even tried holding the option buttong to do a forced start but once i click the HD pic it goes to the white apple icon screen again and freezes. Anyone have any ideas? I'm sick of this apple computer It's my first apple computer and its gave me nothing but problems. I thought they were suppose to be the best. anyway sorry about the rant im just frustrated with this thing.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Even a brand new Mercedes Benz can turn out to be a lemon. Take your iMac back to the Apple store, talk to the service manager and ask for a new machine. Be polite, but forceful.

Regards.

OP
H
Reaction score
ya I was on the phone with them for awhile today, since i ordered mine online and dont have any apple stores around my area. there calling me back. In the mean time I would like to get some stuff off my computer that i of course havent made a back up of, so if anyone has any ideas on how to get it to stop freezing please let me here them.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hello all, im new to the shite,

WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL THIS SITE?!
2.gif

Sorry to hear about your dilemma :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
sorry to hear. :(

I guess it can happen... when they start replacing parts, it's time to ask for a new machine. after all you spent a lot of $$. You should not have any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.