trackpad issue

S

sworlycat

I just got my ibook for christmas and this seems unusuall. When I am using the trackpad the slower I move my finger accross it the slower it moves on my screen, but if i move my finger accross it fast it will move extremely fast accross the screen. I thought maybe that is just how it is for laptops, as this is my first laptop, but then i was using my moms compaq and that didn't seem to be how her trackpad worked. Up untill now I just figured it is just an apple thing, but when i connected an external mouse to it the same thing went for the mouse as it did for the trackpad. I am just totally stupid and this is how mac's are??? or is there something funny with my ibook????

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

that shows that the apple trackpad is more responsive than the capmaq

OP
J

johnny5w

There is a program you can get that changes the acceleration of your mouse/trackpad. If I find it I'll type the link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
open system preferences, click keyboard and mouse, and set trackpad speed there, it should be fine like that once you change it, the default setting isnt very good.

OP
S

sworlycat

Macman said:
open system preferences, click keyboard and mouse, and set trackpad speed there, it should be fine like that once you change it, the default setting isnt very good.

I have it set at the fastest.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, have you tried a slower/lower setting?

OP
M

mangoSharingan

sworlycat said:
I just got my ibook for christmas and this seems unusuall. When I am using the trackpad the slower I move my finger accross it the slower it moves on my screen, but if i move my finger accross it fast it will move extremely fast accross the screen. I thought maybe that is just how it is for laptops, as this is my first laptop, but then i was using my moms compaq and that didn't seem to be how her trackpad worked. Up untill now I just figured it is just an apple thing, but when i connected an external mouse to it the same thing went for the mouse as it did for the trackpad. I am just totally stupid and this is how mac's are??? or is there something funny with my ibook????

Did you read the instruction manual fully? It says in there that the trackpad does that exactly so it's not something funny with your iBook. Anyways, a few adjustments in System Preferences should do the trick. I'm using an external mouse here and everything is working fine. Can't remember if I changed any settings though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
What you're experiencing is called trackpad acceleration. It can be fine tuned better with apps such as sidetrack or usb overdrive...

Both not free though...

OP
C

code777

well, i've been having some issues all of a sudden and its making me mad! all this time my track pad has worked flawless but today its not working as well. its almost like the track pad doesn't work at times! i don't know if its because i've been using it a lot today or what but i'm getting kinda worried (paranoid). I'm gonna keep an eye on it and if it gets worse, i'll see if a genius can troubleshoot it but maybe i'm jumping the gun...

thoughts? its just weird as its worked fine for the past two months...

OP
C

code777

does high heat cause issues with the trackpad? this morn my trackpad is behaving :confused: i wonder if its because i had been using my ibook all night and it got superhot at times.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.