Windows contacts can't open my attachments

Reaction score
I'm using Mail in OS 10.5 and an increasing number of my (sad) Windows contacts are not able to open attachments I send them. They can see a 'picture' of the image in the body of the mail, but 'there's no attachment'. Then they reply to the mail… and I get their reply with the attachment present and all opening fine at my end. Also occasionally I send .xls files and .doc files and they open at their end and there's no visible data in the file (although the attachment properites show the file size that is as it was when it left me). I suspect these two issues are related.
Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just a WAG here - but it may very well be a security issue on their end. They may have IE set to high security or not to open attachments. Don't forget, Outlook Express (Windows mail program) uses internet security settings from IE.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.